What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is a sugar found naturally in our body that holds water and helps retain hydration. It can hold a thousand times its weight in water and works as a powerful humectant for the skin by pulling moisture to the surface of your skin. The amount of naturally occurring HA in our bodies decreases due to aging and free radicals like UV exposure - this leads to dullness, sensitivity, uneven skin tones, and fine lines. Utilizing products like serums and moisturizers with an effective amount of HA in the ingredients help to support our skin's natural hydration.
Benefits of HA
- It deeply hydrates your skin leaving it feeling soft and smooth while looking more radiant.
- Dehydrated skin leads to fine lines, HA will help retain skin moisture to prevent and even repair wrinkles.
- Repairs lifestyle damage - drinking, smoking, poor diet, and late nights take a toll on our skin. HA helps repair and fight against damage caused by these lifestyle choices.
- Amazing for all skin types - from sensitive or acne prone skin to those of us with oilier skin. Since it's a natural ingredient already present in our body so works without causing any irritation.
- It acts like a shield against environmental stressors and free radicals like pollution and UV.
The Fundamental Skincare kit contains products with Hyaluronic Acid, including a concentrated serum, so your daily routine helps with all the mentioned benefits and more!